Flowers with wool felt
The felt is a textile material which is generated by joining, tightening and condensing the fibers. This material can be made using natural fibers such as wool, or the skins of some animals, it can also be made using synthetic fibers such as acrylic fibers created from petroleum or acrylonitrile or pulp based scratch of the wood, among others like the mixed fibers that are also very common, and more.The Wool felt is a very used material when we talk about crafts and in this guide we will show you some of them so you can make them at home in a simple way.
How to make flowers with wool felt easily
As mentioned in the previous texts, wool felt is a wonderful material which allows you to create infinities of very beautiful and original crafts. In this case we will focus on the realization of felt flowers, the result is always wonderful and during the elaboration the ideas run out of surplus.
Then we will show you how easy it is to make some flowers made of felt, beautiful and very colorful to decorate what you like. The first thing is the materials, and these are:
Felt colors, two different colors for each flower, waxed thread, needles, buttons of different colors and sizes, pencils, scissors, rulers and a hot glue gun. It is a good idea to use brightly colored felts as these create a very good contrast between them. You can also put together a color palette to work on this idea.
- First you must cut felt strips in two different sizes for each flower you are going to make. Each strip must have a different color, and one strip of 50cm wide by 5.5cm high and a strip of 50cm wide by 8 high is necessary.
- Each strip must be cut into 5 cm wide pieces to obtain 10 pieces of each size.
- Followed by this, you should take the pieces and give them the petal shape that you like the most. They can be petals of 1, 2 or 3 points, it is something that is to your liking. In the models that we have prepared in this guide, 1 and 2 tips were used.
- After that, prepare the needle with the waxed thread and start sewing the petals together. They must be 10 of a single size with each other and the other 10 of the other size with each other. In the following image you will see that we have passed the thread twice for each petal.
- At the time you stitched the last, remove the needle and strips from both ends of the thread giving a circular shape to the flower. In this way you arrange the petals and knots well so that they do not move from their place. You do the same operation with both sizes and at the end, place the smallest flower on top of the largest.
- Now, take two buttons of different sizes, colors and design, you pass a piece of waxed thread to join and knot well without cutting the remaining ends.
- Go through the ends of the thread of the buttons and through the center of the two flowers, place a point of hot glue on the back of the buttons and adjust well until the glue dries.
Turn your flower, tie the thread well, wax to join the flowers and buttons and put a little glue to fix in the exact place and ready, flowers finished! Ideal to decorate anything. See more articles about enlargement cream here